The EGC 2021 kickSTART Process
When looking ahead to 2021, EGC outlined 10 key trends that were shaped from a previously challenging year. The health, social, and economic situations of 2020 forced all industries to pivot, and businesses—big and small—needed to reassess their ability to meet changed consumer patterns. Analyzing the trends and applying sound marketing strategies based on the needs of a business is key to opening new doors of opportunity. To help clients put ideas into action, EGC developed a kickSTART process.
We rebuilt the SWOT (Strength, Weakness, Opportunity, Threat) Analysis to make it action-oriented:
- Superpower—What product or services makes your business great? What customer problem can you solve? What is your “brand power” that differentiates you?
- Threat—What are new competitive threats? What internal challenge should you prepare for?
- Aspiration—Write a news headline that illustrates that you have achieved your goal in one-year and three-year time frames.
- Results—Quantify and memorialize your 30-day, 90-day and one-year goals. Make these goals measurable and highlight notable milestones to reach.
- To-Do’s—Be specific and list your to-do’s specifying the owner, action and deadline. Create accountability.
Now that the new year is underway, have you taken a moment to step back and check your progress in applying the kickSTART Process to your business? If you are having trouble managing the items listed here or are feeling overwhelmed by them, try concentrating on one objective per day. As you build on the strength of one—be it “S,” “T,” “A,” “R,” or “T”—move on to another. Stay diligent, and you may be pleasantly surprised by how far your plans and objectives will advance.
To review the webinar that covered EGC’s kickSTART Process, click here.